Saturday, June 4, 2011

PAPERS, PAPERS, PAPERS! Part I [The Stamp]

Five children in elementary school at the same time, five papers per day, five school days per week.  You don't have to be a math person (which I am) to figure that adds up to one hundred twenty five papers per week plus whatever papers your junior high schooler does or doesn't deliver.  125+ papers coming into my home every week not counting junk mail!  That is enough to bury a mom in trees!

Many of the papers were supposed to be read, signed and returned the next day.  If it wasn't overwhelming, it was time consuming and sometimes irritating.  I got tired of signing all those papers and sometimes I just wasn't available to place my John Hancock on each and every paper that needed signing.  Sometimes the kids forgot to get me to sign their papers.

Sooooo ....  I ordered a signature stamp!  Papers that needed signing went on the dining room table after school.  Then BAM, BAM, BAM with my stamp and it was done.  It got to the point that I would have the kids stamp their own.  Initially, the teachers objected.  And Jaclyn was afraid of getting in trouble.  After a little while, it became clear I was not backing down and I was not going to throw out the stamp.

I have to say I love my signature stamp!

1 comment: